IMPORTANT: The only people supplied with electric will be the student and newcomer class. Everyone else: please don’t forget to charge your cordless clippers !
Open to all competitors. Recommended for groomers with advanced styling skills, previous successful competition experience and professional dog show handlers with expert styling skills.
Restricted to competitors who have not won a first placement from the Intermediate division at a Groom Team sanctioned show. However, if you placed first in a class with only 3 entries you can stay in this division.
Restricted to novice competitors with no more than five years experience OR who have not placed prior from the novice division at a Groom Team sanctioned show. Recommended for groomers who have never competed.
AT SHOW / DURING COMPETITION
- Bows and bandanas are not permitted. However, acceptable show ring applications that are applied to the Maltese, Yorkie and Shih Tzu ARE allowed.
- Coloring is not permitted. BUT to enhance the natural coat color of the dog IS allowed
- Product such as sprays and styling gels may be applied prior to, or during, the competition time frame. Hair spray is limited to only “freshening up” once Time is called. Poodles with spray-up top knots will be allowed 15 extra minutes and are allowed an assistant to help hold the dog’s head. However, talking between groomer and assistant is NOT permitted.
- Chalk, such as terrier chalk, MAY be applied prior to, or during, the competition time frame to aid in hand stripping or to enhance the coat color but must not rub off on the judges’ hands.
- Contestants must register at the show registration desk upon arrival at the show.
- Contestants must supply their own grooming table and arm and grooming tools.
- Contestants must be set up in the ring 45 minutes before their class starts.
- The class closes 15 minutes prior to the competition start time.
- Contestants who have not checked in 15 minutes before contest start time will not be permitted to compete.
- Must appear healthy, in good condition and free of infectious disease and parasites.
- Must have six weeks growth and show a distinct difference once styled.
- Must not show obvious signs of pregnancy or nursing.
- Must not show signs of viciousness or aggression.
- Must be under control at all times.
- Must not be left unattended.
- Must be properly crated and cared for with food, water and exercise while on the show premises.
- Must be leashed when not crated or not being groomed.
- Must be clean, dry, and free of mats and tangles. Nails should be clipped and/or filed, and ears clean. Sanitary and pads may be clipped prior to competition.
All divisions are judged simultaneously. Three placements are awarded in each category immediately following the classes.
Best In Show will be chosen from the First Place winners from the Open division only. Up and coming awards will be awarded to the first place contestants in the Novice and Intermediate classes .